David I. Defoe, LCPC
- Position: Clinical Director/Psychotherapist
- Experience: Grief, Anxiety, Depression, Couples, Trauma
- Location: 8101 Sandy Spring Road, #224, Laurel, MD 20707
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (240) 581-1500
Hello, I am David, and I am a licensed clinical professional counselor (LCPC), a national certified counselor (NCC), and grief recovery specialist. I have been providing counseling and mental health services to individuals and families since 2003, and have worked during that time with a diverse population of clients with a wide range of clinical concerns. I have a very client centered approach to therapy and believe that each individual has within themselves a capacity to make impactful changes.
I see clients for a range of presenting issues, however I specialize in mood disorders, adjustment disorders, marriage/couples counseling, family counseling, conflict resolution, stress mitigation, crisis/trauma therapy, and grief recovery. I enjoy what I do, and find it very rewarding to see my clients make the necessary changes in order to live their best intended lives.
I am also an approved clinical supervisor in the State of Maryland and am able to provide group and individual supervision for LGPC’s who are looking to complete their 3,000 hours for licensure.
- -Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, State of Maryland
- -Approved Clinical Supervisor, State of Maryland
- -Member American Counseling Association
- -Board Certified National Certified Counselor
- -Certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor
- -Certified Grief Recovery Specialist, Grief Recovery Institute
- -Prepare/Enrich Facilitator Trainer
- -SYMBIS (Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts) Facilitator
- -Gottman Method – Level 2 Trained
- EMDR Trained